Campus Timeline

Take a walk down memory lane by looking through the slideshow below of photos displaying our campus history.

Click Arrows to View Gallery Images

Swipe to View Gallery Images

1895 – Bethany Bible Institute founded by B.P. Lugibihl. The Rev. J. E. Ramseyer was the first principal. 1895 – Bethany Bible Institute founded by B.P. Lugibihl. The Rev. J. E. Ramseyer was the first principal.
1904 – 1. (Summer) The Missionary Church Association appointed a committee to search for a new location for the school. 1904 – 1. (Summer) The Missionary Church Association appointed a committee to search for a new location for the school.
1904 – 2. Construction begins in Fort Wayne on Administration Building (later named Schultz Hall). 1904 – 2. Construction begins in Fort Wayne on Administration Building (later named Schultz Hall).
1905  – 1. (January 13) Fort Wayne Bible Training School opens. 1905 – 1. (January 13) Fort Wayne Bible Training School opens.
1905 – 2. (February 16) Rev. D. Y. Schultz, superintendent (1904-1911) dedicated the Administration Building. 1905 – 2. (February 16) Rev. D. Y. Schultz, superintendent (1904-1911) dedicated the Administration Building.
1909 – First Commencement – 26 graduates 1909 – First Commencement – 26 graduates
1911 – Rev. J.E. Ramseyer named President. He served continually until 1944. 1911 – Rev. J.E. Ramseyer named President. He served continually until 1944.
1930 – Bethany Hall built to house students and offices for $65,000 1930 – Bethany Hall built to house students and offices for $65,000
1931 – Name changed to Fort Wayne Bible Institute 1931 – Name changed to Fort Wayne Bible Institute
1942 – Founders Hall, corner of W. Rudisill Boulevard and Indiana Avenue built for $110,000 1942 – Founders Hall, corner of W. Rudisill Boulevard and Indiana Avenue built for $110,000
1944 – 2. Rev. Jonas Ringenberg appointed Acting President 1944 – 2. Rev. Jonas Ringenberg appointed Acting President
1945 - 1. Dr. Safara Witmer named President, Fort Wayne Bible Institute. 1945 - 1. Dr. Safara Witmer named President, Fort Wayne Bible Institute.
1945 – 2. Providence Hall was constructed for $25,000 1945 – 2. Providence Hall was constructed for $25,000
1946 – Initial South Campus purchased for $60,000 – payable over six years from William Wiebke 1946 – Initial South Campus purchased for $60,000 – payable over six years from William Wiebke
1948 – 1. Residence Hall constructed 1948 – 1. Residence Hall constructed
1948 – 2. FWBI, one of 18 Charter Members of the Accrediting Association of Bible Institutes and Bible Colleges 1948 – 2. FWBI, one of 18 Charter Members of the Accrediting Association of Bible Institutes and Bible Colleges
1950 – Name changed to Fort Wayne Bible College 1950 – Name changed to Fort Wayne Bible College
1953 – Intercollegiate athletics began – Oswald Morley became the first coach. The first two games were against Moody Bible Institute. 1953 – Intercollegiate athletics began – Oswald Morley became the first coach. The first two games were against Moody Bible Institute.
1954 – Leightner Hall purchased, NW corner of W. Rudisill Boulevard and Indiana Avenue. 1954 – Leightner Hall purchased, NW corner of W. Rudisill Boulevard and Indiana Avenue.
1958 – Dr. Jared F. Gerig started his tenure as President (1958-1971). 1958 – Dr. Jared F. Gerig started his tenure as President (1958-1971).
1960 – 1. Brown Gables purchased for President's residence, $32,000. 1960 – 1. Brown Gables purchased for President's residence, $32,000.
1960 – 2. Joy Gerig was named the first full-time Christian Service Director at FWBC. 1960 – 2. Joy Gerig was named the first full-time Christian Service Director at FWBC.
1961 — Lehman Library dedicated ($300,000); It was the first building on the south campus. 1961 — Lehman Library dedicated ($300,000); It was the first building on the south campus.
1965 – 1. Lexington Hall (renamed Hausser Hall in 1994) dorm for women opened 1965 – 1. Lexington Hall (renamed Hausser Hall in 1994) dorm for women opened
1965 – 2. The Singing Collegians debut. Starting in the 1965-66 academic year and continued until 1974. 1965 – 2. The Singing Collegians debut. Starting in the 1965-66 academic year and continued until 1974.
1966 – Wiebke House, built in 1882, remodeled as a men's dormitory. 1966 – Wiebke House, built in 1882, remodeled as a men's dormitory.
1970 – 1. Witmer Hall completed, significantly expanding classrooms and administrative office space. 1970 – 1. Witmer Hall completed, significantly expanding classrooms and administrative office space.
1970 – 3. Dr. Timothy Warner becomes President (1970-1980) 1970 – 3. Dr. Timothy Warner becomes President (1970-1980)
1976 – 1. WBCL radio station established as first 50,000 watt FM station in northern Indiana. 1976 – 1. WBCL radio station established as first 50,000 watt FM station in northern Indiana.
1976 – 2. Men's basketball team wins National NCCAA Championship with Coach Stephen Morley. 1976 – 2. Men's basketball team wins National NCCAA Championship with Coach Stephen Morley.
1980 – Dr. Harvey Bostrom appointed President (1980-1986). 1980 – Dr. Harvey Bostrom appointed President (1980-1986).
1982 – 1. New Physical Plant built to replace burned maintenance building. It was named in honor of Eddie Reynolds, former long-term director of maintenance and a friend to all. 1982 – 1. New Physical Plant built to replace burned maintenance building. It was named in honor of Eddie Reynolds, former long-term director of maintenance and a friend to all.
1982 – First Alumni Scholarship Phonathon raised $18,000. 1982 – First Alumni Scholarship Phonathon raised $18,000.
1985 – 2. Volleyball team goes 26-1 for best overall record in school history. 1985 – 2. Volleyball team goes 26-1 for best overall record in school history.
1986 – Dr. Donald Gerig named President (1986 – 1992). 1986 – Dr. Donald Gerig named President (1986 – 1992).
1989 – 1. Name changed to Summit Christian College. 1989 – 1. Name changed to Summit Christian College.
1989 – 2. Gerig Activities Center dedicated. 1989 – 2. Gerig Activities Center dedicated.
1992 – On July 1, Summit Christian College becomes Taylor University Fort Wayne through merger/acquisition. 1992 – On July 1, Summit Christian College becomes Taylor University Fort Wayne through merger/acquisition.
1993 – 1. Dr. Bob Nienhuis appointed Vice President of Fort Wayne campus (1993-1998). 1993 – 1. Dr. Bob Nienhuis appointed Vice President of Fort Wayne campus (1993-1998).
1997 – 1. Samuel Morris Scholarship Program established by the Lilly Foundation to assist Indiana students who otherwise could not attend college. 1997 – 1. Samuel Morris Scholarship Program established by the Lilly Foundation to assist Indiana students who otherwise could not attend college.
1997 – 2. New Professional Writing major introduced under the direction of Dr. Dennis Hensley. 1997 – 2. New Professional Writing major introduced under the direction of Dr. Dennis Hensley.
1998 – Dr. Daryl Yost appointed Chief Executive Officer of Fort Wayne campus (1998-2003). 1998 – Dr. Daryl Yost appointed Chief Executive Officer of Fort Wayne campus (1998-2003).
2001 – Eicher Student Commons built 2001 – Eicher Student Commons built
2003 – 1. Calvin H. English Library built 2003 – 1. Calvin H. English Library built
2003 – 2. Lady Falcons Basketball team went 23-3 and finished fifth in the national USCAC tournament. 2003 – 2. Lady Falcons Basketball team went 23-3 and finished fifth in the national USCAC tournament.
2004 – Lillian Rolf House purchased and used as dorm for women. 2004 – Lillian Rolf House purchased and used as dorm for women.
2005 – Schultz Hall burns on October 8. 2005 – Schultz Hall burns on October 8.
2006 – 1. Ramseyer Hall opens for 52 men in 12 suites replacing Schultz Hall. 2006 – 1. Ramseyer Hall opens for 52 men in 12 suites replacing Schultz Hall.
2006 – 2. Men's Basketball team wins USCAA – Div II National Championship with Coach Bud Hamilton. 2006 – 2. Men's Basketball team wins USCAA – Div II National Championship with Coach Bud Hamilton.
2006 – Dr. Duane L. Kilty named Chancellor (2006-2008). 2006 – Dr. Duane L. Kilty named Chancellor (2006-2008).
2009 – 1. Final Fort Wayne Commencement with 92 graduates. 2009 – 1. Final Fort Wayne Commencement with 92 graduates.
2009 – 2. Fort Wayne Alumni & Friends Resource Center established in Brown Gables with Michael Mortensen named as the director. 2009 – 2. Fort Wayne Alumni & Friends Resource Center established in Brown Gables with Michael Mortensen named as the director.
2010 – Resource Center moves to Lillian Rolf House, 915 W Rudisill Blvd 2010 – Resource Center moves to Lillian Rolf House, 915 W Rudisill Blvd
2015 - Name of Fort Wayne Alumni and Friends Resource Center changed to Fort Wayne Alumni Center 2015 - Name of Fort Wayne Alumni and Friends Resource Center changed to Fort Wayne Alumni Center