During the 1945-47 school years, Fort Wayne Bible Institute had a “Flying Club” made up of students with a vision for missionary aviation. Dr. S. A. Witmer, President of the institute at the time, was a pilot and no doubt encouraged the program. The club founded the Missionary Airmen’s Fellowship. They met weekly for training, and if “school work was up to par” the members were allowed to fly (for a reasonable rate) the plane the Fellowship had leased.
Missionary Aviation Diploma In the 1947-48 catalog a program is outlined for the Missionary Aviation Diploma. Read the requirements of the program (1947-48 Catalog, p22). Turn to page 31 for the Private Pilot’s Course requirements.
Unfortunately the program was only offered that one year due to the death of the instructor in a plane crash at the airport.