For more information about the improved way to give, click here
- The Alumni Center exists in large part because of the gifts of time, talent, and treasure that are shared with us each year.
- Our ministry of caring, connecting, and celebrating continues through your financial gifts. The Fort Wayne Alumni Center is self-funded and volunteer driven.
- If you live in the State of Indiana and you support us financially, you can benefit from the Indiana Tax College Credit (not just a deduction). Click here to see how you may benefit.
Where does the money go?
Fort Wayne Alumni & Friends Fund provides for the following:
- Staff salaries – Thank you for providing two part-time employees to help lead our team of volunteers
- Events – mailings and subsidizing costs to keep reunions affordable
- Publications – just one FW Vine costs $6,500 to mail and send
- Postage – we spend about $7,000 a year in postage
- Archives – require supplies and equipment to digitize and produce
- Books, CDs/DVDs – we have published five Dr. Wes Gerig books and countless CDs and DVDs of past performance groups and concerts
- Services – we provide online transcript service, addresses, networking, etc.
- Supplies – we have to buy paper, toner, CD/DVDs, etc.
- Rent and Utilities – still being in Fort Wayne costs over $1,030 a month, but we feel it is important to be adjacent to the Fort Wayne campus.
- Special Projects Fund provides for special projects and equipment needed above and beyond our normal budget
- Fort Wayne Alumni Center Endowment provides for ministry expenses for the Alumni Center to continue in the years to come. Alumni and friends generally fund this with estate gifts and giving gift annuities designated for our use. Currently, we have $343,000, but we are striving for our goal of $1.6 million to endow our ministry’s future.
How can you give?
- Online – Click here to give online (It’s easy and quick)
- Check – Checks should be payable to Fort Wayne Alumni Center or Taylor University (mark Alumni Center in Memo section) and mail to 701 W Rudisill Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46807.
- Call – Call 260.744.8790 to give Stephanie, Michael, Jay or Bill your credit card number (We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express)
- Stocks & IRAs – Giving appreciated stock and IRAs can be a great way to give a gift to save on taxes.
- Gift Annuities help our Fort Wayne Alumni Fund but also our Fort Wayne Alumni Center Endowment. Contact Michael Mortensen if you have interest in earning a guaranteed income for life, and he will provide you an illustration. The minimum gift annuity is $10,000.
- Volunteer – a list of jobs and opportunities is available here.